Well, first of all, if you’ve stayed the same weight for a while, thank your lucky stars!
Second, don’t fall victim the thought that if all your hard work “isn’t working”, you might as well order the bacon cheeseburger and fries.
Stay the course. Stick with it. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Although, interval (sprint) training is a good idea! But you know what I mean. Fitness is a long range goal. Like, the rest of your life. Adopt it as a lifestyle. Keep going. Just show up and keep going.
A couple ideas about how to adjust a plan that doesn’t seem to be “working”:
- Try a new kind of workout, or try going up (a little bit) in weight in your weight training workout.
- Make sure you’re not eating too few calories, that you’re getting enough nutrient-rich foods, lean protein, good fats.
- Maybe add a workout to your week. Go for a walk on a day you usually take off.
- Be honest about how much you’re eating foods that you’ve already decided you won’t eat. Make small changes in your diet and try to stick to them.
- Skip that 4th meal. You know, the one you eat in bed watching Mad Men.
- Stay positive and be kind to yourself.
Go out there and have fun!