I don’t really think about my arms.
But, when I’m lifting weights, a little voice asks, “Is this even necessary?” or “I hope I don’t get big man arms”. Right? Then I remind myself, that’s not going to happen. Not the way I lift weights (and because I’m not a dude).
And I remind myself:
- Lifting weights increases overall muscle mass which burns more fat (even at rest.)
- Increased muscle mass increases bone density (women have a higher risk of osteoporosis, also if you’re white or caucasian, small-framed, over a certain age and have a family history, uh, check, check, check and check.)
- Lifting weights tones your back muscles which improves posture, making you look taller.
- Lifting weights tones your chest, which, well, lifts the chest.
- Lifting weights while doing abs, lunges, etc. can tone your whole body, giving you definition and better curves.
- Lifting weights makes you sleep better.
- Lifting weights makes you nicer to your husband, your kids and your dog.
You can lift weights here.